Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patty's Day Blog Hop

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Welcome to the St. Patty's Day Blog Hop! If you just got here from Candace your in the right spot, if not please start at the beginning

My project today is something I made with my almost 3 year old Son.
A Leprechaun Trap!




Here are a few pics of Vincent decorating the box with popsicle sticks and foam shamrocks.


The outside of the box was all decorated by Vincent, I just helped him with the glue.


We made a pathway with some rainbow popsicle sticks and used pompoms around the border.


I found the mini hat at dollar tree, we filled it with some Leprechaun Bait(Lucky Charms). I hot glued a couple sparkly shamrocks down, Vincent kept calling them trees. 


Here's Vincent getting the trap all ready by putting some of the bait in the pathway.


We didn't end up catching that darn Leprechaun because he was just to fast for us. But he did leave Vincent some Chocolate Gold Coins in the hat. You can see the foot prints he left behind as he ran out.

I hope you enjoyed our project!

Blog Candy!
Stop by Ashley's blog to find out what fantastic candy there is for you to win!

Next up on the hop is Pam!


27 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That is soooooo very cute,and he is also,Happy St.Patty's,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

Ashley Nicole said...

This is such a cute idea for the kids. Love the little footprints. Thank you for being a part of the hop.
Ashley

CraftyRia said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What a great idea for kids! Cute box! I hope you catch him next year!

silvia said...

I LOVE the trap!!!!!!

Esther said...

Oooh!!!! Love your leprechaun trap, gonna put this on my list for next year to do with my grandkids!!!!!

Pamela Lash said...

Not only did you create a wonderful project but you made some very happy memories with Vincent - so darling!!
Cyberhugs.........Mama LoveBug

Kate said...

Super Cute, you guys did a great job on the little lephrecaun trap. Love it.

D- said...

What wonderful memories you both will have!
Please tell Vincent he did a SUPER job on his trap.
D- (email follower)
dmcardmaker (AOL)

Creating Anniething said...

What a cute and fun project for you and Vincent... bet he had a great tome!!!

Robin said...

This is such a super cute idea!! Love the footprints:D
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

thecricutscrapper at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Oh, My heart goes out to this one since my 6 yr old was making a lepercaun house earlier this week! LOve it!

TeresaK said...

That is just beyond cute...what a fun thing for the two of you to do together!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Gini said...

What a great idea to do with your kids or grandkids. Looks like fun!

Mary Jaminski said...

Love the rainbow trap!! We are a big Leprechaun trap house too! It was fun hopping with you! Mary - www.irongatestamps.com

Crafting on Caffeine said...

love it hope you caught that Leprechaun

Janet said...

What an adorable project and so much fun to create with your little man I love the idea and may have to share it with my daughter for her kids, Thanks for a great idea!!
Big BlogHugs, Janet

Lady Fair said...

What a cute little project for your son. He did a good job decorating the box and setting the trap. :) lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Sam said...

How cute is that!!! Love it, will have to do this with my kids!

Kim Ricketts said...

This is absolutely too cute!!! I love how he decorated it!! Those leprechauns are just too quick!

Kim :)

morentin1326 said...

What an awesome creation, this is just too cute... my 3 little leprechauns would have giggled with glee when they were little if they would have made one of these... this is just to perfect... love the design, love the bait and love the colors...
morentin1326(at)aol(dot)com
adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I just don't know what is cuter--the trap or Vincent! Too precious! What a great idea and I am sure he had a blast making it with you! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Vicki said...

What an awesome project. Sure hope Vincent wasn't too disappointed to not catch the leprechaun.

Krystle said...

So cute!!! Love that idea!! (:

Krystle C.

Carla said...

That is ADORABLE!!! What a great idea. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.


racincrafts at aim dot com

Miranda said...

Awesome idea!!!!!

marg0006 said...

What a cute and creative idea. Children love a great mysterie

mrg0006 at verizon dot net
Loving Scrapper 101

Unknown said...

Such a fun idea!!! I think I'm going to make some next year with my boys! (I guess as long as I remember too!) :)

Angela
www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com