Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine Pop Up Card

Today's Card Day Tuesday over at My Cricut Craft Room.

The theme for today's cards is Pop Up or use the I-Top.

Here's mine-


I love how this card turned out! You can go here for the tutorial. I think this card is such a neat idea, because you could always put a pocket on the front or back of the tag for a gift card.


Here's what I started with- 4.25" x 11" piece of card stock for the base. 2.5" x 5" piece for tag(stripe) and 2.75"x 5.25" piece for tag matting(polka dot). 1.5" circle punch and a scallop punch.( I wanted the circle inside the scallop but I didn't have a punch that size so I just reversed it) 
I cut the nuts from Handy Man at 2.5"(I hid the screw the cuts out with them on my gypsy)
The bolts were cut from Robots Party at 3.30". I cut 4 all together but 2 of them I hid the slits on so I could use them as a background layer.


Here's the tag and the base before it is all put together. I used 2 colors of Trendy Twine for the tag and around the base. I inked the nuts and bolts with black ink and stamped a Pink By Design Sentiment on a punched circle. The black border on the tag is from an EK Success punch.
Make sure that you leave enough space at the bottom of the tag for it to be attached to the base. I had to move my nuts and bolts up a few times it get it right.


The flat closed view of the card. I used foam squares to add the nuts on the front. 
I used my Crop a Dile to add the eyelet on the top to put the twine through.


Here's a close up of the tag.

Recipe-

Cricut Cartridges- Handy Man and Robots Party

Paper- Core'dinations (black pearl, white)Paper Studio(U+Me)

Stamps- Pink By Design(Tool Time)

Twine- Trendy Twine(Cherry Cupcake, Berry Red)

Other- Memento black and red ink, EK Success border punch, foam dots, Crop a Dile , and Eyelet.

Make sure you stop over at My Cricut Craft Room to see more projects like mine!

Thanks so much for looking!



14 comments:

Rosie said...

too cute!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Never seen a card like this before. Great job, I love it.

~Sarah
http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

Jen R said...

Fun card...I tend to stay with the A2 size card. I think I need to venture out and try something new. :)

Julie said...

Love this project! So cute!
Www.randomcraftsofkindness.com

Liz said...

great card, I'm going to the tut now!!

Josie0602 said...

Adorable!! I always love seeing your creations!
Tracy

Lisa R. said...

LOVE this!!!!! TFS

Pink Cricut said...

This is just SO cute!

Bunnyfreak said...

Great card. Love the bolts with the sentiment.

Liz said...

Jamie you are the winner of my blog candy for the Jan 100 Cricut cartridge blog hop. Please send me you mailing address so I can get your goodies out to you!

Lizabratt@comcast.net
http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so cute~ great job

Sukie said...

Beautiful project as always, love the sentiment too!

Yvette said...

Love it! What a great idea! TFS!

Tiffany Leola Johnson~Koehn said...

AWESOME!! Am going to have to go check out my cricut craft room to try it out!!