Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Valentine Rosette Wreath

Today is Trendy Twine Tuesday Challenge Day over on Trendy Twine's Blog. 
You can head over there to see all of the fabulous projects done by the entire design team featuring the new Cherry Cupcake Twine. Plus the new challenge for the month is up and you can win 30 yds. of Cherry Cupcake Twine! 

I'm so excited to be posting my first project for the design team today!!!

So here it is...


I think the Cherry Cupcake Twine goes so great with the paper stack I used. I tied bows with it on all the buttons I used.


If you've never made a rosette before this is what they look like after you score, fold and glue.
I make mine in 5 sizes- 1", 1.25",1.5",1.75" and 2" x 12" strips and score every 1/2". I just use 1 strip for the 2 smaller sizes and 2 strips for all the rest.


I punch a bunch of 1" circles, flatten the rosettes and hot glue the circle to the back. Then all that's left is the decorating. I cut a wreath out of chipboard with my Cricut and hot glue all the rosettes onto it.

Recipe-

Twine- Trendy Twine( Valentine Cherry Cupcake)

Paper- Momenta(I Love You)

Cricut Cartridge- Art Philosophy(circle for wreath)

Stamps- $1 stamps from Walmart and a set from Big Lots

Other- Gel Pen, buttons, rhinestones, ink, Epiphany Shape Tool, stickers

Thanks for looking!

Make sure you stop by Trendy Twine's blog to see the rest of the design team's projects. 
Also for your chance at winning 30 yds. of Cherry Cupcake Twine enter the Challenge for the month "Make a Project for your Valentine." 
And don't forget to stop by the store and pick up your own full spool or sampler of Cherry Cupcake!





5 comments:

Kimberly J. said...

Gorgeous Wreath Jamie!! :) I just love the colors and how you used the twine!! Great Job and Welcome to the Design Team!! :)

Rae Ann said...

This wreath came out great. A wonderful idea!
Rae Ann O.
http://joyinart.blogspot.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a cute wreath! I look forward to designing with you on Trendy Twine :)

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

ShersL84bed said...

This is REALLY cute. :)

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Tiggerscraps said...

Love this project!!