Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedding Shaker Card

I made this card for my Cousin's upcoming wedding. I think it turned out really cute, but after I finished it I though it kinda looked like a Halloween card because of the orange. One of her main wedding colors is orange so I wanted to add some color to it. Saw a tutorial for the shaker cards on Crafty Sprouts blog. Here is the front of the card.
 I added detail to the paper with an orange glitter gel pen. Colored a digi stamp from The Greeting Farm and cut it out with Spellbinders. I embossed and sanded the orange paper and stamped it with the Mr. & Mrs. stamp. Then I filled it with clear glitter. I also added the white ribbon with forever on it.
The inside of the card is a pop up gift card holder. I don't have the gift card yet but it goes in the slot on the top behind the card. I used a white and silver glitter pen to add details to the car and then stamped Congratulations with white ink and embossed it. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Paper- front: single sheet from Hobby Lobby- orange Core'dinations, inside and card base: single sheets from    Joann's
Gel pens- white, sliver glitter, orange glitter
Spellbinders Labels 3
Digital Stamp- The Greeting Farm Kissy Kissy
Sweetheart Cartridge- Car 2.5"
White glitter, matting tape, Prismacolor pencils, Fiskars plate(hearts), Cuttlebug, white ribbon with words, wedding stamp set.

1 comment:

Erika Valdez said...

OH MY Jamie!! This is amazing!! I love it and it does not look at all like a Halloween card! I Really like how you made it a gift card holder great touch! I am sure your cousin is going to treasure it! Thanks for joinin in our shake your card challenge!!

Lots of Love,
Erika